I just read the other day that Pickin’ in the Panhandle bbq festival was done. I thought the festival was alright, I would go when I visited my son in Berkley County. Truth be told it got real big real quick and I’m sorry to see it go. It had some financial issues and well, who wouldn’t with a zillion national acts in the middle of a small town. Sure, the area was ‘known for it” but West Virginia is known for a lot of things.
How about the beauty of Harper’s Ferry or the wild and wonderful rivers that flow through it, the beauty of the land or the friendliness of the people. Yeah, it’s not all Maury Povitch trailer parks like you’d want to believe.
I was poking around the web and see where the Big Fat Daddy’s folks are doing Hogging Up BBQ Festival in West Virginia and well, I think though it may not be compared to anything “PICKIN” it will be small and cute and full of que and I’m okay with that.
Good luck, I can’t wait to go. I found this blog: http://hoggingupwv.wordpress.com and I hope to follow it now!
- Baylor on pace for 1,234 yards of offense vs West Virginia (collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com)
- West Virginia Workshop – Students Images (elliotpaulstern.me)
- Clay leads No. 16 Oklahoma past West Virginia 16-7 (bigstory.ap.org)
- Tech-West Virginia set for 11 a.m. kickoff (m.lubbockonline.com)
- Ex-cop killed in West Virginia federal building gun battle (scooprocket.com)
- Blue Ridge Folklife Festival’s Celebration of Regional Heritage, Traditions Set for Oct. 26 in Franklin County, VA (prweb.com)